- Integrated capability for centralized password management, virus definitions, and security policies.
- Centralized capability to deploy software and monitor license usage
- System that is priced correctly to replace about every 2.5-3 years. This ensures staff have fast machines with up to date software to complete their roles.
- Simplicity of security auditing to ensure that IT staff know where data is, when and that it is secure
- Abundance of tools from third parties to manage the platform remotely to minimize support costs
Sunday, March 8, 2009
What a business system should look like
One ongoing debate within the desktop support community is what makes for a successful desktop platform within an enterprise? From my perspective, there are several key features a desktop must have to make it a viable platform within a company environment: